Woodland Joint Unified School District’s Enrollment Services Department is hosting a Registration Fair at the District Office to kick off registration for incoming transitional kindergarten (TK) and kindergarten students from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., on Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017.
Families who bring the necessary paperwork will be able to register their TK or kindergarten-age child(ren) for the 2017-18 school year.
“At the fair, families will be able to register for all schools in the district and ask staff questions,” said Christina Lambie, Director of Special Projects. “Local nonprofit agencies will also be available to answer questions and provide support to families.”
Children eligible for TK or kindergarten: Children who are turning five (5) years old between Sept. 2 and Dec. 2, 2017, are eligible for TK. Children who are turning five (5) on or before Sept. 1, 2017, are eligible for kindergarten.
To register your student, please bring:
(1) Proof of birth (copy of the original birth certificate, passport, or baptismal certificate);
(2) Proof of immunization (a copy of immunization records with physician signatures verifying dates of immunizations is required);
(3) Proof of residency, with a copy of two of the following, which must have the street address and parent/guardian name:
- Utility service payment receipt
- Mortgage payment receipt
- Escrow papers with closing date and escrow #
- Rent payment receipt or rental agreement on official letterhead including the manager’s/owner’s name and phone number
- Home Insurance receipt
The Registration fair is just one way to register your child for TK or kindergarten for the 2017-18 school year. Families can register online at https://air.wjusd.org starting on Feb. 25. If you register online, you must still visit the Enrollment Services Department to provide the necessary paperwork listed above.
Families who cannot attend the TK and kindergarten registration fair are invited to visit the Enrollment Services Department, located at the WJUSD District Office, beginning March 1, during the following normal business hours: from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, and from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Thursday.
The Open Enrollment/Intra-District Transfer and Dual Immersion Program Application window will open on April 3, 2017.
English and Spanish translation support will be available.