Woodland Joint Unified School District is working with each school principal to monitor learning environments this week as the area experiences record-high temperatures.
WJUSD school sites are currently:
- Modifying outside and physical education activities to reduce strenuous exercise
- Limiting student exposure to the sun
- Monitoring students closely for signs of heat stress
- Providing students with breaks to get water
- Utilizing cooler areas for instruction
- Monitoring all ventilation/air conditioning systems
Families can help by:
- Dressing students in light clothing that still meets dress code
- Sending students to school with a container of water that they can refill
- Informing your school’s office if your child is sensitive to heat or may need special accommodations
The District will continue to collaborate with each school site and make changes as needed to ensure students and staff are as comfortable as possible.