Volunteering at your child's school is an important way to participate in your child's education. There are also several other ways you can participate, by attending Back to School Night, Parent-Teacher Conferences, and attending school events.
Should you want to volunteer in your child's classroom, or as a chaperone on a field trip, please complete the following steps:
- You must complete a Volunteer Information/Clearance Form. This form is available at your child's school site and should be returned there for processing.
- After approval by the school principal, the form will be forwarded and processed in the Human Resources Department. A Human Resources staff member contacts applicants to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
- Human Resources will notify the school upon fingerprint clearance.
- You must be fingerprinted, and cleared by the Department of Justice, and with proof of TB clearance for approval.
- Fingerprinting services are offered at the District Office, free of charge on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment only.
- Appointments will only be scheduled with a completed Volunteer Information/Clearance Form.
- It can take up to three weeks to process the application and complete fingerprinting.
- If driving on a field trip/after school sporting event, there are additional forms to be completed as well. Click here for the Transportation forms to be completed.
*If you have questions regarding the volunteer process, please contact Crystal Pelayo at Crystal.Pelayo@wjusd.org