Woodland Joint Unified School District has After School Education and Safety (ASES) programs at eight elementary school sites: Beamer, Dingle, Freeman, Maxwell, Plainfield, Tafoya, Whitehead and Woodland Prairie. The ASES program is funded through a state grant and requires students to attend the program until 6:00 pm each and every day. The program starts immediately after school and consists of homework support, enrichment, recreation and a nutritious snack. Our mission is to create an enriching, safe, academic and fun environment, conducive to learning, that will impact students’ education and lives in a positive manner. The program is open to students in grades two through six; some sites allow kindergarten and first grade students.
For more information contact, DeAnn Tenhunfeld at 530-406-3252 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or the ASES Site Coordinators:
- Beamer Elementary ASES: Johana Ramirez-Zapien 530-681-7919
- Dingle Elementary ASES: Ashlynn Gardner 530-867-1996
- Freeman Elementary ASES: Laura Killion 530-867-2107
- Maxwell Elementary ASES: Alexandra Diaz 530-867-2147
- Plainfield Elementary ASES: Eduardo Gonzalez 530-723-8425
- Tafoya Elementary ASES: Katie Bruner 530-867-2150
- Whitehead Elementary ASES: Monica Coronado 530-867-2182
- Woodland Prairie Elementary ASES: Karely Gamboa (sub) 530-723-0872
ASES Staff (l-r): DeAnn Tenhunfeld, district coordinator; Site Coordinators: Alex Diaz, Maxwell; Laura Killion, Freeman; Ashlynn Gardner, Dingle; Monica Coronado, Whitehead; Katie Bruner, Tafoya; Johana Ramirez-Zapien, Beamer; Karely Gamboa, Woodland Prairie; and (missing) Eduardo Gonzalez, Plainfield.