TK/KINDER REGISTRATION FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2021-2022 WILL BEGIN ON MONDAY, MARCH 1ST, 2021!!
1. ONLINE REGISTRATION- Please complete the online registration visiting the WJUSD website, click on Departments, then Enrollment to access the AERIES Online Registration for Elementary Students link.
2. PROOF OF BIRTH- Acceptable proofs of birth are birth certificate, passport, hospital certificate and baptismal certificate.
3. PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION RECORDS- Completed shot records are required by law for children to enter CA public schools (please see Student Health Requirements tab for more information) however, if immunizations are not up to date at the time of enrollment, you are given a grace period up until the weeks leading to the first day of school. If school is already in session, immunization records will be required at the time of enrollment.
4. PROOF OF RESIDENCY- TWO PROOF OF RESIDENCY- are required at the time of enrollment. Acceptable forms of proof are utility bills, mortgage statement, escrow papers, home insurance, renters insurance, pay stubs, letters with a CA seal and/or a verified Homeless Affidavit form (when uploading documents please make sure that the document is not inside the envelope). Unacceptable forms are car insurance, credit card statements and/or medical bills.
** Secondary Enrollment for grades 7-12 are done at the school site
How schools within WJUSD are designated:
- Families are given an opportunity to apply for a school outside of their boundaries through Intra-district Open Enrollment applications (please see Open Enrollment tab for more details and information)
K-8 Home Study
The Home Independent Study Program is an education alternative to classroom instruction for students in grades K-8. It provides a format for supporting a home-based, parent guided educational process. It is most compatible with the families that have the interest, time and commitment to instruct their child. This option provides the opportunity for an at-home teaching situation where students can receive one-on-one support, study at their own pace within requirements and be challenged to excel in their areas of special interest and abilities.
For more information please call (530) 661-3179.K-8 Home Study Application