To complete registration for your elementary student you will need to:
Provide the following documents to Enrollment Services Department:
Enrollment Packet- available online or at the Enrollment Services Department
-Proof of Birth - a COPY of the original Birth Certificate, Hospital Certification, Passport or
Baptismal Certificate confirming
that your child will be turning 5 years of age on or before Sept. 1 of that
-Proof of Immunizations - a COPY of immunization records with annotated
physician signature verifying dates
of immunizations is required
-Proof of Residency - a COPY of TWO of the following documents:
- Utility service payment receipt (gas/electric/water/garbage/cable/home telephone) indicating the street address and parent/guardian name.
- Mortgage payment receipt indicating the street address and parent/guardian name.
- Escrow papers with closing date and escrow # indicating the street address andparent/guardian name.
- Rent payment receipt or rental agreement on official letterhead including the manager’s orowner’s name and phone number indicating the street address and the parent’s orguardian’s name.
- Home Insurance receipt indicating the street address and parent/guardian name.
Please complete this additional form for your registration packet to be
complete: Initial Residency
Verification Form (K-6) available at the District Office and PDF attachment
** Affidavit For Establishing Temporary Residency Form - this form is required for students with temporary living arrangements due to loss of housing and/or economic hardship If applicable.
Upon enrollment of a student residing in the home of a care giving adult within district boundaries, the care giving adult shall execute, under penalty of perjury, the affidavit specified in Family Code 6552 - this form is completed at the District Office when your complete registration packet is submitted.
Enrollment for 7th - 12th grade students takes place at each WJUSD school site on a first-come, first-served basis. Every attempt will be made to place new students at their neighborhood school. However, the District cannot guarantee such placement and reserves the right to place new students at other schools (for the balance of the current school year) within the District as necessary when a grade-level enrollment capacity is reached at a particular school.