The following provides developers with information on the School Developer Fees collected by the Woodland Joint Unified School District. Further information can be obtained by calling Marisol Cabrera, Administrative Assistant, (530) 406-3220.
The District's current developer fee rates are as follows:
- $3.79 per sq. ft. for residential construction.
- $3.79 per sq. ft. for additions exceeding 500 sq. ft.
- $0.61 per sq. ft. for commercial and industrial construction.
- $0.065 per sq. ft. for self-storage commercial buildings.
- $5.63 per sq. ft. ($16,129 cap per home) for residential construction in the Spring Lake Subdivision.
Exclusions are as follows:
- Additions to existing homes of 500 sq. ft. or less of assessable space (residential only)
- Any facility used exclusively for religious purposes
- Any facility used exclusively as a private full-time day school
- Any facility owned and occupied by an agency of federal, state or local government
Credits may be granted for the following conditions:
- Disaster - A fire, earthquake, landslide, mudslide, flood, tidal wave or other unforeseen event that produced material damage or loss. Reconstruction means: the construction of property that replaces and is equivalent in kind to the damaged or destroyed property.
Developer Fee Definitions:
- Residential Building - Building occupancies for single and multiple family dwellings, apartments and condominiums, where the primary purpose is to provide a residence. Chargeable area is that which is considered "assessable space".
- Assessable Space - All of the square footage within the perimeter of a residential structure, not including any carport, walkway, garage, overhang, patio or other similar area.
- Commercial/Industrial Building - All building occupancies other than residential buildings, including housing exclusively for senior citizens (project must be designated Senior Citizen Housing by the State of California). Chargeable area is that which is considered "covered and enclosed space".
- Covered and Enclosed Space - Determined to be within the perimeter of a commercial or industrial structure, not including any storage areas incidental to the principal use of the development, garage, parking structure, un-enclosed walkway, or utility or disposal area.
When and Where are fees paid?
Fees are paid by appointment at the School District Business Services Department - Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., located at 435 6th Street, Woodland, CA 95695. Please be prepared to provide formal documentation with the lot number, street address, type of dwelling to be constructed, number of square feet of covered or enclosed space and the name of applicant. A receipt will be issued, which must be presented to the building department before they will issue a building permit.
Checks or Money Orders should be made payable to Woodland Joint Unified School District.