skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

1.  What do I do if I have a compliment, concern, or complaint?

Answer: “Go to the source” is the procedure to use in the Woodland Joint Unified School District. Please start with the person who is in charge of the area of concern or the area you wish to compliment. If it is a concern or complaint and you have already tried to resolve it with the person, and that was unsuccessful, contact the next level of supervision. For example, a complaint about a school employee would go to the school principal, a complaint about transportation would go to the Director of Transportation. If you are unsure who to contact, contact the Superintendent’s Office for assistance at 530-406-3202.
2.  I would like to distribute a flyer to all of the school sites. What is the process?

Answer: Flyers are permitted for distribution from non-profit and governmental agencies with the Superintendent’s approval. Flyers for Students/Parents must be provided in both English and Spanish. To review the procedures and complete the application, please click the link below.   

WJUSD Distribution Procedures & Application Form 2021-22
3.  How old must a student be to get a work permit, and where do they get it?

Answer: Students must be at least 14 years of age to acquire a work permit. Students can attain a work permit at their school site. If the student lives within the WJUSD boundaries but attends a private school or is home schooled, the student can attain a work permit from the Enrollment Services Office at 435 6th Street, Woodland, CA 95695, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.