DISTRICT WIDE CalendarS
Volunteering at your child's school is an important way to participate in your child's education. There are also several other ways you can participate, by attending Back to School Night, Parent-Teacher Conferences, and attending school events.
Should you want to volunteer in your child's classroom, or as a chaperone on a field trip, please complete the following step:
- You must complete an online Volunteer Information/Clearance Form. Proof of TB clearance must be attached to your online application. Applications without a TB test will not be processed. Click here for the online Volunteer Information/Clearance Form.
If you do not have access to a computer, mobile device or if you simply need further assistance, please visit our District Office. We are happy to help!
Here is what you should expect after you have submitted your application for review:
- School staff will send your documents electronically to the District Office after they have been reviewed and approved by the School Principal. This may take a couple of days.
- The District Office will process volunteer applications in the order they are received from ALL school sites district-wide.
- Once your application is processed, you will receive a phone call informing you that a live scan voucher is ready for pick-up at the District Office.
We are open Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (not including holidays and summer) Note: If you have not received a call from (530) 662-0201 or an email from the District Office, your paperwork will not be ready.
- You will need to take your voucher to PDQ in Davis, CA, to have your fingerprints taken. There is no charge to WJUSD parents with live scan voucher.
- PDQ will send the request to the Department of Justice (DOJ).
- DOJ will send results to the District Office electronically. Results can take anywhere from five days to several weeks once PDQ has sent the request to DOJ.
- When we receive the results, we will notify volunteers and school staff.
- If driving on a field trip/after school sporting event, there are additional forms to be completed as well. Click here for the Transportation forms to be completed.
*If you have questions regarding the volunteer process, please contact Miriam Soltero, Administrative Secretary at email